Monday 16 April 2012

Lake Erie Fishing

Right before Easter we had a day deticated to fishing :) I had just finished a night shift at work at 5:30am but that didn't stop me, I just powered through and went right out fishing. I lasted till about 9am then I took a little 2 hour nap in the front sleeping area of the boat


This is peters dad's boat. We were fishing on lake erie right off the boat launch near the Palmwood


This wasn't peters first catch of the day, but it was the first fish that I watched him get after my little nap, so this must be around 11am. It was brutallllyyyyy cold out there. I think the temperature when we left in the morning was like 4 so once we got out on the water with nothing blocking the wind it was pretty chilly, that's why we'er all bundled up so much!


This is just 1 of our 4 buckets o' fish! The one guy that came with us named Paul Earl says that "the fish are just chewing some hubba bubba" YUCK gross


The ultimate fishing snack, Costco trail mix, soooo addictive!


My dad also came along fishing this day so these are a few of our fishy catches. He was pretty exited with the mass amount of little perch we ended up catching, it was a great day.




There were lotsss of boats in the water this day, of course we were catching the most fish :) but there were also some tiny waves so the boats did get a little close at some points! The one boat that was on the other side of us was not fairing so well and sometimes you could here them comment of our boat, "look, even the GIRL! is catching fish!"

Our end result was a pretty damn good for 3 and half hours of fishing! It took the guys 4 hours to fillet all the perch and in the end they weighed only the fillets and it was 40 pounds of edible fish!
HOLY MACKEREL! :)


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't believe how much fish you guys caught. I shuddered a little when I read the hubba bubba part lol.

    ReplyDelete