Monday 13 August 2012

Belated Summer Adventures

So Summer 2012 is about half way done and its unfortunate that my camera had a slight swimming incident about a month ago and I was unable to take anymore photos and access the ones that were on my camera, BUT! thankfully to the power of the Walmart photocentre i have saved my photos and purchased a new camera! Its the Nikon CoolPix the one that ashton kutcher is always on the commercials for, its AWESOMEEEE!!! so many cool gadgets to play around with, its touch screen, 16megapixels and it cost $157.00 so not too bad. So you will see all the great photos and videos it can take from this day on! aka not the photos contained in the few 2 or 3 posts. but anyhow!
Below are just some of the summer things I had been doing prior to July 20th, so enjoy :)

PICNIC ON THE PARKWAY

Peter and I just had time to spare one morning while waiting for his car to be oil sprayed so we grabbed some breakfast sammiches and icedcapps and sat out along the parkway in fort erie and just watched the sun and people watched, one of our regular pastimes


DAY IN TORONTO

Since Deejay and Eduardo are down visiting for the summer from Mexico we've been hanging out like once a week at least since they got here at the end of June. On this particular day we drove to Toronto to just explore and meet with our friends Travis who is living there for the summer. We went to the beach for a couple hours, it was not to busy but the water was the coldest water ive ever felt in my life and as such we didnt really go in. We also found it strange that the lifegaurds at the toronto beaches paddle around in old wooden row boats in the very wavy water with like dozens and dozens on kids around them, does no one else see a hazard here? I'm sure you can save people without the budget row boat okay.




wicked awesome costco towels


re-united! :)
this was our first day to hang out since deejays return to Canada for a month and half


After the beach we wasted some time just browsing around the eaton centre. I got some books at Chapters but thats about it. Oh, and this tasty gelato :) it was good but i realize I am not a gelato fan because it looks sooo awesome and delicious and full of goodies and goodness in the display case then they give your little cup with only ONE little goody ontop (as you can see below) until real icecream thats filled with goodies all throughout


After the eaton centre browsing we ate dinner out on the patio at a little bar&grill pub place called Gabby's on King Street. it was delicious and great prices! We finished our day by watching an improve show at The Second City. It was histaricalllll if you have never been I would definitly encourage you to go, its fairly well priced andthe humour is relatable to all groups. This was my third time being to see a show and I would go back again today!

LAKE ERIE FISHING

Peters latest endevour was brining the john boat with him to Petawawa so he could enjoy some fishing, so of course we had to take the littttlee 14 foot aluminum out for a test run on Lake Erie during like 2 foot waves, no big deal! (uhhhh YESSS a big deal when you HATE waves, uh my godd - i survived!)


Me hating my life along with the waves


We got pulled over (do you get pulled over in a boat?) by the NRP Marine Unit but thankfully it was guys I use to work with so it was just a friendly visit, however their boat was a lot bigger than our and cause more waves, jeeezzz.


We anchored our boat near crystal beach so I could jump off and swim


My favourite and most trusted lure - the fat free guppy! - cause even the fish are on a diet these days!


Our ladder contraption didn't work out so well so it was a struggle and half for me to get back into the boat after swimming, ugh


Stay hydrated!!


Also this way we took the puppies for a walk, something I love because they get soooo damnn happy and excited by something so simple as a walk! i love them! but it was a chore to get all three of them right in a photo, friggers!


Cassie will be the hardest.....hmm


SIT, SIT, SIT!


I know what you're thinking, 3rd times the charm, no WRONG! there were about 20 photos that I deleted in order to get this ONE!







1 comment:

  1. I stole some of the pics from our beach trip to put on my facebook :D

    Such a great summer! Gypsy's fur is so awesome. She's the white and brown one right?

    Haha I love the pic of you getting rocked by the waves when the NRP came by to check on you. I never have any luck fishing so I'd be jumping off swimming and scaring the fish away.

    If you want to enjoy some hot white sand and ocean swimming the offer is on the table! The awesome resort we stay at is only 86 bucks per person, per night. All inclusive, drinks, food, and their 3 pools, swim up bars, restaurants, everything!

    ReplyDelete